Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goings on in 2011

2011 has been a really good year. We have been truly blessed and are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for the many blessings we received. 2011 started off a bit rough for us, and Garrett had to work a second job for a while. Thankfully it was only for a few months. The kids missed him as he had to work so much and were so happy when that was over with. We saw the blessings of it though, and still continue to see them. We are very thankful for the sacrifice that he was willing to make for our family.

Garrett is still working for Qwest, which is now Centurylink. He has been there for almost 8 years now. The job is stressful and in some respects has taken it's toll on him, but we are grateful for it. Garrett has enjoyed gaming with his friends and some of our family. He is such a geek and we love him for it! He has really been enjoying our Dungeons and Dragons groups and he is such a good storyteller. Some day I hope he will sit down and finish his novel.

I am still a stay-at-home mom and I am so thankful for that. I can't imagine not being able to be such a vital part of my kids every day activities. This year I have been perfecting my bread-making skills. With times being tighter we had to rely on our food storage a lot and I am so grateful that we have had that. I have such a huge testimony of the importance of food storage and of needing to know how to cook. I have also done a lot more sewing this year. I finally finished a set of pillows for Alaina and did some curtains for Logan and Alaina.

Logan started 2nd grade this year, and he has such an amazing teacher. He is doing really well and I am amazed at how he is excelling in his math. He reads really well too, but it is not one of his favorite things to do. He also started taking a hip-hop class this year. He is having so much fun with that and has improved so much. He also has been taking swimming lessons and he enjoys that very much.

Alaina started Kindergarten this year. She was so excited to be starting school and she is doing really well. She has really picked up on reading and I am amazed at how good she is already. She can count to 100 and her handwriting is improving as well. She is taking tap and ballet again this year, but she is also going to be learning a Jazz dance this year too. She is super excited and loves Miss Jill. She also has been taking swimming lessons and loves those as well.

William is our little Wiggle man! He has such a natural ability for singing and dance already. He loves to play on his little piano as well as Mom's keyboard. I still can't believe he is 2! Time sure has gone by fast. He is growing leaps and bounds everyday and his vocabulary is growing all the time too.

All in all, 2011 has been a good year. It has definitely ended much better than it began. We are so grateful for the blessings we have been given and the love that our Heavenly Father has shown us. We are looking forward to the new adventures heading our way in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment